Sunday, February 13, 2022

Urging The Lord To Not Be Silent

Whenever I read Scripture, I reflect on what I read and how it applies in today's society.  Once again, Psalm 83 is no exception (truthfully, none are), and I beam at the awesome power the Lord Our God has over his entire Creation.

In verse one, the psalmist urged the Lord to not be silent, deaf, and not quiet.  Then, there is a plea to the Lord, asking if He hears the uproar from our enemies, the crafty schemes used against us.  This is where I reflected greatly toward how our society seems to be moving against Christians like ourselves.  Even fighting amongst other Christians is a favorite tactic of Satan, the father of lies.

The psalmist gave specific examples of how the Lord's awesome power was used against His people's enemies, and strongly urged that same power again.

Like a raging fire or fierce storm, His power can bring down anyone who speaks against Him, who sins greatly in His eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment