Sunday, February 6, 2022

The Dreaded Sin of Lust

 In the book of Job, chapter 31, Job made a final plea of his innocence.  He started with these words: "I made a covenant with my eyes not to look with lust at a young woman."  Numerous times throughout this chapter, he talked about the sin of lust.

Lusting after a young woman.

Lusting after his neighbor's wife.

He spent a considerable amount of time spelling out the evils of lust and how he can completely wreck one's life, for it takes their eyes off of the Lord.  In verse 12, he said, "It is a fire that burns all the way to hell.  It would wipe out everything I own."

I have known numerous people who have lost much due to lust taking over their life.  It could even be the lust for alcohol and/or illegal drugs.  With the divorce rate as high as it is, I shake my head at those who completely ignore their spouses/partners and urge themselves to see if the grass is greener on the other side.

From what Scripture tells us, the other side is not greener.  Living a life as sinless as possible is the only way to live.

No comments:

Post a Comment