Wednesday, March 10, 2021

The Chosen - a dramatic portrayal of Jesus unlike anything else (and that's a good thing)

Some days I feel like I'm late to the party on many things, and the 2019 drama titled The Chosen is no exception.

The Chosen is a dramatic portrayal of Jesus through the eyes of those who were with him.  I have been watching season 1 on DVD, and as of this posting I have one episode left.

If I have to describe The Chosen down to one word, it's this: AMAZING!  Throughout each episode, I've laughed, cried, cheered, and have been amazed.

As far back as I can remember, I've loved watching movies about Jesus.  Most of them seem to tell roughly the same story.

The Chosen tells this dramatic story of Jesus quite unlike other movies or TV shows--and that's a good thing.  The story isn't told in a linear fashion, from His birth to death, but rather in a unique telling, mixing Old Testament with New Testament historical events.

According to the website for The Chosen, it will be seven seasons long, and it is one of the best crowd-sourced film projects of all time.  Currently, season 2 is in production.  This is definitely one you will not want to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment