Sunday, November 22, 2020

Job curses his birthday

I'll be honest, I stopped celebrating my birthday long ago.  Others did it for me, but I was never one for forcing people to come together to celebrate the day of my birth.  It's okay if you do.  This is my personal opinion for my own birthday.

Job, continuing in the third chapter, not only finally curses the day he was born, he wants that day completely obliterated off the calendar.  He even goes on and on about wishing he was still born, that having died at birth would be his only relief right now.

There is no doubt that Job is in great pain.  My late wife Melissa endured great pain for quite a number of years.  But not once did not want to stop fighting.  Even as her last breath eased closer and closer, she fought harder than the mightiest general.

But Job did not want to fight.  He wanted to give up.  True, he did not curse the Lord, but at the same time he did not wish to even been born so that the pain he endured could be eased.

Pain can be unbearable at times.  But trust in the Lord that pain is only temporary.  Eternal life in Heaven is the greatest gift God could ever give us.  Focus on that gift.  My wife understood that and His perfect timing brought her into Jesus's Arms on January 16, 2020 at 10:45am.

No comments:

Post a Comment