Sunday, June 13, 2021

Prayer doesn't have to be complicated

Prayer doesn't have to be complicated.  It can be as simple as "Thank you, God."

At the end of every episode of Duck Dynasty, there is a prayer.  Each one is simple and lasts no more than ten or twenty seconds.

As with everything else that's good, it's important to create a habit of prayer.  When I wake up in the morning, I thank the Lord.  Whenever one of my kids drives off, either to work or school or to be with their friends, I thank the Lord and ask Him to watch over them.  Whenever I walk out of the gym each night after a good workout, I thank God for granting me the opportunity to do so.

Don't complicate prayer.

For that matter, don't complicate daily habits of reading the Bible either.  Read it at whatever pace God wants you to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment