Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Don't judge Christ by other Christians

I will try not to get political here, but if there is one thing I've noticed during the last 4-5 years, there are a fair amount of "Christians" who are just plain a--holes.

These people are on social media, in my own church, and to listen to their hypocrisy absolutely hurts my heart.  I work very hard at being nice to them--sometimes I fail, sorry to say--despite their inability to not see the err in their thinking.

I'm currently reading a Christian book about not being a jerk when it comes to politics.  While I agree with some of what the author says, I can't help but see a biased angle in their thinking.

Back in college, I was a member of the InterVasrsity Christian Fellowship.  I was a Lutheran all my life, and to experience Christianity from a non-denominational view was interesting.  There are a few friends I still have from those days.  However, those involved on the leadership team were not always the best . . . Christians.  My first year was pleasant, but by the second year they completely ignored me.  I would attend Thursday night fellowship times and no one, save for my few friends, would even acknowledge me.  I asked my few friends about it and they noticed it too.

Now, if I was on the fence about Christianity or didn't believe, I could see someone's faith be completely shattered because of their actions and wouldn't want anything to do with these a--hole Christians ever again.  But my faith was much stronger than this.  I don't know why.  It just was.  It took me several years to actually forgive them--if God would give me the opportunity to meet them face to face, so I could verbally forgive them, I'd love the chance.

Christ is perfect.  His love is perfect.  Don't judge Our Lord Jesus by the actions of human Christians.  Read His teachings and let His love fill your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment