Sunday, May 12, 2019

Take bites of Scripture daily

Ever have a big task that needed to be done?  What is the best way to tackle it?

By bits and pieces.  Small bites.  Chipping away at the iceberg.

What is your big task is reading the Bible?

At my local church, they've had programs over the years about reading the Bible in a year and such forth.  Now, this may be fine, great, and dandy for you.  But how much of it will you absorb?  It's like cramming for a big test the night before.

Reading the Bible and living your life by His Holy Word, my suggestion is to read a little bit everyday.  Even if it's a devotional book, you're still reading His Word.  While writing posts for this blog, there are times when I'll take part of a chapter and read it over and over again.  I'll sit in the bedroom, with the lamp on, alone (except God is with me) and read.  I'll ponder what I read.

At work, during breaks and lunches, I'll read a few devotionals.  In each devotional is a Bible passage.  Undoubtedly, I'll read something that resonates with something I'm dealing with--God works very mysterious that way.

Try this to get you started.  Chances are, the more you read, and the longer you do this, your life will start making a more positive turn.

No comments:

Post a Comment