Wednesday, February 13, 2019

If you are having troubles understanding the Bible, check out other versions

For a while now, I've been reading a lot more on my Kindle.

This includes the Bible.  I still have the Bible I received from my church when I was younger, and was a confirmation gift, next to the bed.  I refer to it from time to time.

The version I read on the Kindle is an English Standard Version.  The one next to the bed is an American Standard version.  There's also the King James, the amplified, the living word . . . and the list goes on and on.

The ESV Bible I'm reading can be confusing at times for me, but when I've read the same verses under another version, they've become clearer.  And vice versa.

Back in college, someone told me once that one should always read the King James version because, with the archaic ways the words can be, it makes one read it slower.  If this works for you, go for it.  But one should not be confused by your Bible reading.  Read what is comfortable for you.  Read more than one version, if you wish.  Experiment the the Lord's Word in other ways.

Always remember that there are other ways to read the Bible.  Check out various study Bibles, if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment