Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Create a habit of thanking the Lord

You wake up in the morning, thank the Lord.

You step outside, no matter the weather, thank the Lord.

You go to the store, thank the Lord.

You step onto the bus, thank the Lord.

You drive along the highway, thank the Lord.

You sit down to eat, thank the Lord.

You finish a workout, thank the Lord.

Even what seems to be the most mundane of tasks or everyday events, create a habit of thanking the Lord.  I live in northwestern Minnesota, and right now we have a good inch or two of snow on the ground--this started coming down yesterday.  I breathed in the crisp air and thanked the Lord.  Since the middle of June 2020, I've been going to the local gym to work out at night.  It's a good cap to my day.  It's something I've been wanting to do for a while, but for personal reasons I was unable to do so until last year.  And so, whenever I get done, I look up and thank the Lord.

Habits centered around the Lord will lead you to a much better place, as He guides your heart to where you're supposed to go.  Even reading the Bible and praying should be a habit.

Don't worry about what you didn't do tomorrow.  Start today.  Create the habits that He wants you to create.

No comments:

Post a Comment