Wednesday, January 1, 2020

Cherish your loved ones

I cherish the time I spend with my wife.  And with this being the start of not only a new year, but a new decade, I have reflected on the over 25 years my wife and I have been together, first as friends then as a happily married couple for more than 22 of those 25.

And with her ever-declining health, the time she has left with me on this earth may be drawing to a close.

I regret nothing as I reflect on these past 25 years.  I love spending time with her, despite her lack of comprehension on several occasions.  Then there are moments of clarity that astonish me.  Lately, she's been looking up.  Physically.  And her eyesight is so poor, she is legally blind.

"What are you looking at?" I've asked her.

"God's talking to me," she said.  "He wants me to fight."

So, fight she will.  And we will support her efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment