Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Where to start reading the Bible?

Religious scholars of all sorts may answer this differently.  Chronological order from Genesis to Revelations?  New Testament first?  Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John first?  There are a variety of ways and forms of study Bibles.

As a layperson, I think everyone should take this individually.  Pray to discover your preferred path to reading the Holy Bible.

For me, I've always been drawn to reading the Bible from cover to cover.  Meaning, starting with Genesis and working my way through until Revelations.  This has worked for me.  I take each chapter at a time, analyzing them here on this blog or simply telling what each chapter is.

Whatever works for you is up to how God wants you to read it.

Pray on how He wants to show you.

And then commit to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment