Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Put your problems in God's Hands

It was November and I was driving to work.  It was roughly ten or so years ago.

My wife and I were having severe financial troubles.  So much so that even after working a full-time job and a part-time job, we still had barely enough money to cover the overdrafts in our checking account.

We listened to Dave Ramsey daily on the radio, we read his books--we wish we could've afforded his Financial Peace University class at the time, but there was no way we could afford it.

I don't remember what prompted me to do this, but I clearly remember the exact spot on the road when I prayed to God.  I not only pleaded with Him to help us, I said, "God, I put all of our money problems in Your hands.  Please show us what we need to do."

Immediately, three words came to mind: property tax refund.

Living in Minnesota--I'm sure this is the same across many states--we qualified for a property tax refund.  It was a separate form that we needed to send in, after our tax forms.  I forgot to do so.  I made a note to check it out.  That night, I got the forms and sent them in.  In less than two weeks, we got our refund.

And it all came about because I placed our problems in God's Hands.

One of my wife's (and mine) favorite poem is Footprints in the Sand.  In it, where it talks about where there are only one set of prints, that was when God carried you.  I get the chills just thinking about it.  Well, in doing so, you are asking God to lift you up, to guide you, to help you.

In other words, place your troubles in God's Hands.  You'll be amazed at what could happen when you do so.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment