Sunday, July 24, 2022

What Is Love?

As I started to read from Song of Songs, I knew I couldn't dissect each chapter like I had done other books from the Bible.  There was much repetition, in both words and theme, and in the end I decided to sum it all down into a single post.

The chapters in the Song of Songs were written with different speakers in mind, from "young man" and "young woman" to "young women of Jerusalem" and "the young man's brothers".

When I was young, in Sunday School, we blushed when we read the words in this iconic book.  On one hand, if you take words literally, there is a highly sexual undertone to the language.  But on the other, when you sit back and let the Lord bless you through His mighty words, you get another sense: God's eternal love of us.

If married couples around the globe treated their respective partners with as much admiration and love as is written in this book (it's only 8 chapters, and not that long), my feeling is that the divorce rate would go down dramatically.

Read it.  Take in the language, the words.  Pray and let God's Love shine onto you.

No comments:

Post a Comment