Friday, April 8, 2022

We Cannot Escape Death

In the book of Ecclesiastes, chapter 9, we are reminded that no matter what we do, who we are, and who our ancestry is, death comes to us all in the end.

In verse 7, the author says to eat food with joy and drink with a happy heart, for God approves of such things.

Verse 9 is interesting because it reads: "Live happily with the woman you love through all of the meaningless days of life that God has given you under the sun.  The wife God gives you is your reward for all of your earthly toil."  My heart warms when I read this, for not only did God give me my first wife, He also gave me a future wife after my first one passed over two years ago.

By the end of the chapter, it speaks about wisdom once again--as it has many times in this book.  You should never ignore wise counsel, even if it comes from a poor, old citizen instead of a wild and crazy leader.

No comments:

Post a Comment