Sunday, January 10, 2021

Job's Argument

In the book of Job, chapter twelve through fourteen, Job responded to his friends.  At first, he put them down, asking if they really knew everything that he had gone through, that even robbers are treated better than him.  He mocked his friends, saying things like, "Just ask the animals, and they will teach you."

As we go along, Job truly wanted to argue his case with the Lord, pleading with Him on exactly what he did wrong.

Job even stated that life is short, and that even a tree has more hope for it will always sprout new branches.

Can anyone blame Job for speaking so plainly?

But as a father myself, sometimes things happen for a reason and your children may not be mature enough to understand.  That may be the case here.  Job, although seemingly strong in faith, when the battles became personal, he wanted to know what he did wrong.

The answers of our wrongdoing may not be as simple as this or that.  Continue to put your trust and faith in the Lord.  For my own life, as I near the one-year anniversary of my sweetheart's passing, I could ask God why He chose to take her away from me at such an early age.  But I haven't.  I trust that He did it for a reason, that He needed the love of my life for another purpose in Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment