Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Jesus's feeling toward death

"Jesus wept."

These two words comprise the shortest verse in the Bible: chapter 11 from the Gospel of John, verse 35.

Because of this, we know that Jesus can grieve.  He was grieving over the death of one of his followers, Lazarus.

I was listening to a podcast yesterday, one from RZIM (the Ravi Zacharias International Ministries), and they were talking about God's feeling toward death.  They said that every single death hurts God, causing Him to grieve.

Then it hit me.  God, Our Heavenly Father, grieved deeply when my wife Melissa passed away in January 2020.  Even though her spirit went right into His loving arms, He still grieved.

A warmth hit me when this notion came over me.  A warmth of love from our Lord.

He is with all at all times.

In life.

And grieves in our passing from this earthly world into Heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment