Wednesday, May 20, 2020

My journey to Ravi Zacharias and other apologetics

A Christian apologetic is one who defends Christianity against objections.

For the most part, I've never been one to doubt God, Jesus, and the Miraculous events in the Bible.  No one has ever challenged my faith before on a direct basis, but there has always been questions that I could never answer.

A number of years ago, I pondered quite a controversial subject.  And like the most of us nowadays, I went on YouTube to see if I could discover any answers.

Enter Ravi Zacharias.  I watched video after video of his messages, defending Christianity, tackling the tough issues in a clear manner.  His sense of humor was also infectious.  I also subscribed to his many podcasts, listening to them on a daily basis.

You see, there are many who doubt God and have honest questions about life and the many issues that Christians face everyday.  My path was quite the opposite.  I've had virtually no doubt but was seeking answers to questions others were facing.  Ravi also introduced me to others in the apologetic field, of whom they're too numerous to name at this point.

Yesterday, it was announced that Ravi passed away from cancer.  From the many Facebook posts, one could tell that many loved Ravi and his constant message and his love of God and Jesus.  If you have questions or doubts about God, give Ravi a listen.  Open your mind.  Open your heart.  Listen to Ravi and let God fill your spirit with His Word.

No comments:

Post a Comment