Sunday, April 26, 2020

Close examination of the love verses from 1 Corinthians chapter 13

I am going to do something special this week.

It has been over 14 weeks since my wife's passing, when the Lord took away her illness and lifted her up into his loving arms.  For the months prior to her passing, when she was at the nursing home (she was only 47, but her illness had gotten so bad she could be cared for at home), she had made read the "Love is patient" verses from 1 Corinthians, chapter 13, each time I visited her--which was practically every single day.

One thing I noticed while reading the verses (this would be verses 4 through 13 in the 13th chapter from the book of 1 Corinthians) is how true they are for all aspects of our marriage.  Typically, verses 4 through 7 are read during weddings, but while reading the rest of the chapter I found so much truth into one's life.  Not only early on in our marriage, but even during what we knew were our last days before her passing.

I truly believe that if more married couples read and took to heart these verses, the divorce rate would fall dramatically.  The once troubled marriages would no longer be as troubled.

So, for each day this week, I'll examine these 10 verses.  Then, read them for yourselves, asking God to speak into your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment