Friday, February 14, 2020

Why should I be afraid?

In Psalm 56, it starts with David asking God for mercy, for his enemies are constantly attacking him.  Then, in verse 3, is the first time we see the word "afraid."

"But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you."

Again, David pleads with God that there are those plotting against him and his words are being twisted, he is being spied upon, and hopes that God's anger can do away with their wickedness.

In verse 8, it states that God has all of our tears collected in His book.  And for myself, especially four weeks ago when my wife passed away, the amount of tears collected from me has risen many times over.

Because of God's incredible power, our enemies retreat.  God is on our side!  We praise God!  We trust in the Lord!

In verse 11, it says, "I trust in God, so why should I be afraid?  What can mere mortals do to me?"  Hence the title of this post.  Put your complete trust in the Lord and all of your fears in your mortal enemies are erased.

No comments:

Post a Comment