Friday, October 18, 2019

God's Mercy

We were conceived into sin.  None of us mortal humans are without sin--save for the Son, the One and Only Son of God, Christ Jesus.

Psalm 51 lays out God's neverending mercy for our line of neverending sin.  But as long as we acknowledge our sins, haunting our lives day and night, God has mercy on us.  We desire His wisdom, to guide us on the path of righteousness.

Starting in verse 10 are the words, "Create in me a clean heart, O God."  These words, along with the following few verses, are sung every Sunday at our little Lutheran church--as well as many others across the globe.  They are familiar to me.

Now I know where the words originate.

Psalm 51 may be short, with only 19 verses, but like many other psalms they are jam-packed with inspiration.  Take to heart verse 15: "Unseal my lips, O Lord, that my mouth may praise you."

No comments:

Post a Comment