Friday, August 2, 2019

Even a small prayer can bring big results

I've noticed lately that praying is a lot like exercising.  Certainly, you can have big workouts, spending hours and hours in the gym.  But the best results are small improvements, a little here and a little there.

Okay, maybe exercising isn't the best analogy.  But getting in the habit of praying is vitally important.

My wife has spent the past two weeks in the hospital, recovering from sepsis.  Act Fast, all of the medical websites say.  Needless to say, I've been praying for her recovery as well as the care of the nurses, doctors, aides, and other hospital personnel.

Also, before walking into a meeting a work, I find myself praying for strength.  For myself.  Also, when I see someone in need, whether large or small, I say a little prayer for them.

Make praying a habit.  Even a small prayer, from deep in your heart, can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment