Wednesday, April 3, 2019

The right tools in the toolbox

I was replacing a brake light on my vehicle this past weekend--I had known about it for some time but put it off due to the frigid Minnesota weather and now the time was right.  The tools I needed were simple.  Aside from the bulb, all I really needed was a Philips head screwdriver.  Two screws.  No problem.

I was wrong.

One of the screw heads was a little worn and I had to resort to a socket to remove it.  Again, no big deal, once I found the right tools.

Whenever I've encountered problems in my life, I've looked to God for answers as much as I could.  Many answers can be found in the Bible.  The stories and lessons in the Bible are numerous and seemingly never-ending.  Whatever the circumstances, the answers can always be found in prayer and in His Holy Word.

A month ago, I needed to have a difficult conversation with my sales team.  I didn't want to do it, but I needed to.  I put my complete trust in the Lord, even remembering how Moses wasn't prepared to speak to the multitude of Israelites but God gave him the ability.  My difficult conversation sparked a fire for my sales team, changing their negative attitudes that were poisoning their minds into a positive one.  And it was all thanks to God and His Word.

Spend time daily in prayer and in reading His Scriptures.  You will be amazed at the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment