Sunday, June 24, 2018

My refuge in the Lord

Frequently, I find myself harboring some troubling thoughts or up against something I need God's help with.  Now, I'd like to say that I always consult with God in these matters, but we all know that would be a lie.
It's funny how, at those times, God finds a way of sneaking Himself into my life by offering either a solution or relief from whatever ails me.
That was the case a few days ago when I was reading chapter 31 in the book of Psalms.  Its opening line is: "In you, O Lord, do I take refuse; let me never be put to shame . . ."
The chapter talks about the Lord being a rock, a fortress, a refuge as one commits their spirit to Him.
This particular chapter set my whole soul at peace.
And it will yours, if you let Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment