Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Having problems? Here's a perfect place to put them.

Everyone has problems.  Let's face it, if you're human you have problems.

How is the best way to deal with them, especially the problems that seem to be overwhelming and beyond your control?

Easy.  Put them in God's hands.

Never tried it?  Well, you're in for a treat.  I have to keep reminding myself of this because, of course, I'm only human.  Whenever I feel so overwhelmed with something, I stop, pray, and place all of the problems and worries in God's hands.

Let me illustrate: imagine all of your problems as a huge ball.  Spread your arms, capture all of your problems, worries, and fears, then compact them into the size of a ball (basketball or soccer or volleyball, it really doesn't matter).  Then, tell God to take it.

Try it.  You'll feel better.

Like many people, we have money problems.  We've been through vehicle repossessions and home foreclosures and have even been sued three times (to date) by credit cards we haven't been able to pay over the years--keep in mind, my wife got sick in April of 2011 with acute myeloid leukemia, and is in the first year of a 5-year recovery plan.  With all of that, and even going through Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University which has helped tremendously with managing money, we still need to place those problems in God's hands.

Last week, I had an impending court date with one of those credit cards (Capital One is staying out of my wallet - FOREVER! - after all this).  When I went to contact the attorneys representing the credit card, I prayed for God to give me courage and for me to also find someone with a Godly heart on the other end.  I talked to a nice lady there, and we have a possible deal worked out--I'm still waiting on that phone call.  But the stress I had been feeling before was extinguished when I . . . put those problems in God's hands and asked him to show me what He wanted me to do.

Put your stress and problems in God's hands.  You'll be grateful you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment