Sunday, January 1, 2012

What you'll see from this blog

I am not a biblical scholar.

Let me repeat that: I am not a biblical scholar.  I went to Bemidji State University, with a major in Criminal Justice and Psychology, and a minor in Philosophy.

Then why am I writing a blog about The Holy Bible?

Because I believe The Bible was written for people like me.  Not just me.  It was written for everyone, but in simple language everyone is able to understand.  In this exploration, I will be using the Good News Bible (called today's English version).  I am well aware of the variety of Bibles out there, from contemporary to the King James version, but seen as though this is the only one I have, I'll be quoting the Good News Bible.

As you may notice in the "About Me" section, I am a writer of horror, fantasy, and thriller genre, but there is a part of me that wishes to explore more in detail the workings of The Bible.

At our local church, our Lutheran pastor gathered a list this month of people who wished to take this year and read The Bible.  I didn't sign up.  The main reason for this is because I'm a slow reader and I'm usually juggling (aside from my own writing) two to four novels (fiction and nonfiction), so I don't want to completely devote all my time to reading The Bible.  But I have committed myself to reading it and posting my thoughts on various aspects of it in this blog.

I will be posting once a week--Sundays seem like a better day than any, given that it's considered a holy day.  I have another blog, Views From The Outhouse where I post my views on the business of writing, and that blog I post every weekday.

Will there be a day when I post in this blog every weekday?

You never know . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment